ITEMS & SERVICES THE PARK NEEDS OR WANTS
Roseland Park is a non-profit 503(c)(3) charitable organization. Our caretakers, the Board of Trustees and other volunteers work together to restore and maintain the park. We depend on, and very much appreciate, donations to help us achieve our goals.
If you are interested in helping out, please consider:
- Contributing to the cash donation box at the entrance to the park
- Sending a tax-deductible check to Trustees of Roseland Park, PO Box 155, South Woodstock CT 06267-0155
- Contacting the park caretaker about volunteering your time, or
- Donating one of the much-needed items listed below.
Thank you! We hope you will come visit this lovely local treasure soon!
- Low maintenance perennials, including Boneset, Cardinal Flower, Great Blue Lobelia, Monkey Flower and Turtlehead.
- Low maintenance shrubs, including the following that are ideal for creating a riparian (waterside) buffer on the shores of Roseland Lake: Black Willow, River Birch, American Cranberrybush, Buttonbush, Common Elderberry, Highbush Blueberry, Inkberry, Meadowsweet, Pussy Willow, Red-Osier Dogwood, Shadblow/Serviceberry, Silky Dogwood, Spicebush, Steeplebush, Swamp Azalea, Winterberry.
- Wood chips
- Clean rock
- Usable water-based latex paint (any color) in a closed container that is in good condition
Road Repair Materials
- shallow depth book cases: ideally 6' x 6' x 10" for the book exchange in the Beach House
- Stone type road material (e.g., processed 3/4" crushed stone) for the launch ramp and repairs